Last Updated: July 3, 2015
TeleMainia, LLC dba TeleMainia welcomes you to telemainia.org. Because we value your privacy, we
this Website or by its staff. And it does not apply to any other website or online service operated by us
or to any of our offline activities.
Minors Not Eligible to Use the Website/Chat Services. This Website and the phone chat services are
not intended for minors. We limit use of the Website and chat services to adults’ 18-years old or over
that have reached the age of majority in their community and country. We forbid all persons who do not meet these age requirements from accessing the Website or using the chat services. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors and minors may not lawfully visit the Website or use any
of the chat services.
Section 230(d) Notice: Under 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist
in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information regarding providers of these protections may be found on the Internet by searching “parental control protection” or similar terms. If minors have access to your computer, please restrain their access to sexually explicit material by using any of the following products provided for informational purposes only and not endorsed by us:
CYBERsitter™ | Net Nanny® | CyberPatrol | ASACP.
- What kind of information do we collect?
- Registration and account information. On this Website, you may be able to register, order products or services, read user reviews/comments, vote in polls, rate products or services, express an opinion, subscribe to services like an electronic newsletter, or participate in online chat forums or communities. While using this Website or the chat services, we may ask you to create an account or complete an application by providing us with personally identifiable information that we may use to contact or identify you, as well as administer your account. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide as part of your account may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card number and billing information, and any other information that you provide to us. You may also provide us information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information like your hometown and your username.
- In addition, when you call our phone chat lines, in addition to collecting the above information, we also collect and record your verbal messages like your greeting and other messages. You control how much personally identifiable information you want to provide in your greeting and other messages.
- Information about others. We may allow you to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and email address to share content or recommendations. The types of personally identifiable information that we may collect about other people as part of this process includes the recipient’s name, address, email address, telephone number, and information about the recipient’s interest in and use of various content, products, programs, and services.
- Inviting friends. We may allow you to invite friends to join and to connect with you through social media features. Inviting friends is optional. If you want to invite friends, you may provide their contact information or may enter your login credentials to import email addresses from your address book from other websites that support this functionality. You select the friends you want to invite to share in this experience.
- Social media. You may also be able to engage with TeleMainia on or through third-party social media websites. When you link your account or engage with content on or through third-party social media websites, services, plugins, or applications, you may allow us to have ongoing access to certain information from your social media account. We may also receive nonpersonally identifiable information from your interaction with the Website’s content, including content viewed, content preferences, and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
- If you post information or content, such as by posting photos, videos, commenting on a blog, or participating in online chat forums or communities on this Website, or when you interact with this Website through social media websites, plugins, or other applications, depending on your privacy settings, this information may become public on the Internet. You acknowledge that we cannot prevent further use of this information once it becomes public on the Internet. You can control what data you share through privacy settings available on some social media websites. For more information about how you can customize your privacy settings and how third-party social media websites handle your personally identifiable information, please refer to their privacy help guides, privacy policies, and terms. You assume all responsibility for any loss of privacy or other harm resulting from your voluntary disclosure of personally identifying information.
- Technical and usage information. We also collect certain nonpersonally identifiable information when you use this Website or the service. For example, we collect information on the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, IP address, and certain usage information including the locations of the webpages that you viewed right before arriving at, while navigating, and immediately after leaving the Website.
- DMCA infringement notices, notices of violations of terms, and other communications directed to us. By submitting a copyright infringement notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Website), you consent to have these communications forwarded to the person or entity who stored, transmitted, or linked to the content addressed by your communication, in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices of violations of terms or other communications (but not DMCA infringement notices), on request we will edit out your name and contact information. However, we will forward DMCA infringement notices (including any personally identifying information contained in the notices) as submitted to us without any deletions.
- Providing requested information. In some cases, only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to order products and services, or otherwise participate in the Website’s activities and offerings.
- Who sees your personal information?
- Legal and law enforcement purposes. We may disclose your personally identifiable information in response to legal process, including court orders and subpoenas; or in response to a law enforcement or governmental agency’s request. We may also disclose your information to third parties for fraud-scoring, detection, or prevention activities; to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of another person, or violations of the terms of service; to protect our rights and the rights of others; or as otherwise required by law.
- Change of control. We may transfer information about you as part of substantial corporate transactions, such as the sale of TeleMainia, a divesture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- Service providers. We may share your personally identifiable information with our agents and contractors to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
- We may also share your information with business partners and third parties—e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and nonprofit organizations—that want to market products or services to you. If we share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out or block these uses.
- Linked websites. This Website contains links to other websites whose information practices may differ from ours. You should consult these other websites’ privacy policies before submitting any information to them, as we have no control over information submitted to or collected by these third parties.
- Sponsors and copromotions. We sometimes may offer content or programs that are sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. Because of these relationships, these third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the activity. We have no control over these third parties’ use of this information. We will try to notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain this information.
- When using a mobile application, you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, Android for Android devices, iOS for Apple devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should review the support materials or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
- Aggregated or nonpersonal information. We may share your nonpersonally identifiable information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on this Website—including any mobile website or application—and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on the advertising you view. We may combine nonpersonally identifiable information we collect with additional nonpersonally identifiable information collected from other sources.
- Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your personal information is authorized to use your personal information according to our contractual arrangements with those third parties and according to their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions regarding your personal information.
- How do we use your personal information?
- Providing products and services. We use the information we collect about you to: (1) fulfill your requests for our products and services; (2) reply to your inquiries about our offerings; (3) provide, personalize, and improve our offerings; and (4) offer you other products or services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use information that we collect about you to: (1) perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others; or (2) develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other websites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other websites.
- We use the information we collect for online forums and communities to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to make easier participation in these online forums and communities and, on one or more occasions, to offer you products or services.
- If you choose to send content for publication, we may publish your username and other information you have given to us on our Website, the Internet, or elsewhere.
- We use the information that you give about others to allow us to send them invitations, gifts, cards, or other content on your behalf or through the Website. Occasionally, we may also use this information to offer products or services to them.
- Use of nonpersonally identifiable information. We use aggregate information about our users and nonpersonally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design, functionality, and content of our Website and services to allow us to personalize your experience with our Website and offerings. We use this information to: (1) provide, support, personalize, protect, improve, and develop our products and services and to operate our business; (2) analyze usage and performance of our Website, including performing ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics; and (3) offer you products, programs, or services for our affiliates, business partners, selected third parties, and us.
- Cookies and Web beacons. We, and our affiliates, business partners, and third-party service providers may send “cookies” to your computer or mobile device or use similar technologies to enhance your online experience at our Website. “Cookies” are a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer or mobile device, and that the user’s browser sends to the website each time the user sends a query to the website. Cookies can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as well as technical information (including click through and click stream data). Cookies manage and measure the performance of advertisements displayed on or delivered by or through us or other networks or websites. Cookies can either be persistent—that is, they remain on your computer or mobile device until you delete them—or temporary—that is, they last only until you close your browser.
- When you login to our Website, we will record your user ID and the name associated with your user ID in the cookie file on your computer. We may also record your password in this cookie file, if you told us that you would like your password saved for automatic login. For security purposes, we encrypt account-related data that we store in these cookies. For services that do not require a user ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may use persistent tracking cookies on your mobile device, mainly for security protection purposes, including to prevent phishers, scammers, unauthorized login attempts, and to help you access your hacked account. We may allow our service providers to serve cookies from our Website or application to allow them to help us in various activities, including doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Website, content, and advertising.
- Our Website may also use locally stored objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”) to provide certain content, like video on demand, video clips, or animation. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage like browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your browser, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
- We may also use “Web beacons” that monitor your use of our Website. Web beacons—also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or Web bugs—are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s device, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use Web beacons to collect the following information: (1) the IP address of the computer that downloaded the webpage on which the Web beacon appears; (2) the URL of the webpage on which the Web beacon appears; (3) the time the webpage containing the Web beacon was viewed; (4) the types of browser that fetched the Web beacon; and (5) the identification number of any cookie on the computer earlier placed by that server. In addition, when corresponding with you through HTML-capable email, Web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email.
- On their own, cookies or Web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information. But if you choose to give personally identifiable information, this information can be linked to the data stored in the cookies or Web beacons.
- How do you opt-out?
- We give you an opportunity to express your preferences for receiving certain marketing communications from us or from unaffiliated third parties. If you decide in the future that you would like to update these preferences, you may (1) log into your account (if you have created an account with us) to adjust your settings; (2) follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any marketing email you receive from us; (3) send an email to service@TeleMainia.org, and we will edit your preferences accordingly. If you earlier chose to receive push notices on your mobile device from us but no longer want to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device.
- Online opt-out requests are instant.
- But we may continue to send you transactional emails, like service announcements and administrative notices, without giving you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Do you have any choices about what information you provide?
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of this Website or our services; because that information may be required to register; purchase products or services; participate in a live interaction or promotion; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- How secure is your personal information?
- We take commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the personally identifiable information you input, and storing your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network.
- What about other websites linked to this Website?
- What is “Do Not Track” and does the Website follow it?
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your Web browser. DNT is a way for you to tell websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to giving you meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we give you the ability to opt-out. But we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to follow DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
- Do California residents have special privacy rights?
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive (1) information identifying any third-party company to whom we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information about you and your family for our direct marketing purposes; and (2) a description of the kinds of personal information disclosed. If you want to exercise this right, you must make a request in writing to us to get this information. We will not process your request unless it includes your full name, email address, postal address, the URL for the website you visited, and the subject lined labeled “Your California Privacy Rights.” Please email your request to service@TeleMainia.org. We will only honor one request a calendar year.
- How do we protect children’s privacy?
- We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under 18-years old. If you are under 18, you should not use or enter information on this Website.
- How do you update or correct your information?
- What if you have more questions or want to contact us?
Copyright © 2016 TeleMainia, LLC.. All rights reserved.
All models are at least 18 years of age at the date of production. You must be 18 years of age or older to use TeleMainia.org.
*Free trial is for first time callers to (509) 676-1222 (duration of free trial is subject to change). Long distance charges may apply.
Content is protected by international copyright laws. Unauthorized copying or duplication in any form is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of TeleMainia, LLC